Police nab possible suspect in attempted bank robbery
Police have detained a possible suspect in an attempted bank robbery that occurred at Wells Fargo in Stater Bros. Market, 1674 Main Street, around 2:15 p.m., Thursday.
Sgt. Greg Rylaarsdam of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department said a teller at the bank reported a demand note had been presented by a white male in his sixties. The teller did not give any money and the man left, Rylaarsdam reported. The teller then called police.
“Thank goodness we were all kind of close to the area,” Rylaarsdam said, noting that about five marked cars were nearby and able to respond immediately. “We found someone matching the physical description in this truck,” he said, pointing to a Toyota Tacoma. Another person was also in the truck, he said, and was detained.
Rylaarsdam said the sherriff’s department was waiting for a federal task force unit to arrive and were going to interview the man detained.
There was no loss, no money given, and no weapon produced, he said, but added, ”It doesn’t make it any less serious.”
Sentinel photo/Karen Brainard
- Reported attempted robbery leads to arrest of two men in Stater Bros. parking lot
- Police search for robbery suspect
- Sheriff’s deputies searching for attempted robbery suspect
- Sheriff’s deputies continue search for armed robbery suspect
- Two arrested in jewelry heist suspected of Barona Casino robbery
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=13355