Former Chargers star Junior Seau dies of apparent suicide, authorities report
Former San Diego Chargers star Junior Seau died of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound at his beachfront North County home today, authorities reported.
Emergency crews responded to a report of a possible suicide at the house in the 600 block of The Strand South in Oceanside about 9:30 a.m., a dispatcher said.
At midday, the Chargers issued a brief statement about “the passing of Junior Seau,” saying the entire organization was in complete shock and disbelief.
Team spokesman Bill Johnston said the Chargers had received confirmation of Seau’s death.
The celebrity news website TMZ reported that the 43-year-old NFL great apparently shot himself in the chest.
- Black Mountain Ranch fire may be arson, authorities report
- Borrego Sun editor, husband found dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Hikers discover apparent suicide at Cedar Creek trailhead
- Stemm, Thrasher to play defense in Alex Spanos All Star Classic
- Authorities search for freeway shooting suspect
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=13326