Hikers discover apparent suicide at Cedar Creek trailhead
Update, April 26: Officials have not released the man’s identity.
A young man was found hanging from a shade structure at the Cedar Creek trailhead off Thornbush Road by three hikers on Friday morning.
As of 11:20 a.m., police were still waiting for the county medical examiner to arrive.
“He’s been up there for a while,” said Ramona Sheriff’s Lt. Julie Sutton.
Sutton said there was no identification or information on the white male and her best guess of age is 18 to 22 years old.
The body was found around 10:15 a.m. by three hikers from Santee who did not know the Cedar Creek trail was closed on Thornbush Road.
“Something didn’t look right,” said one hiker who asked not to be identified.
The hikers said they called police and were asked to stay until the coroner arrived.
The shade structure is near the restrooms at the trailhead at the end of Thornbush Road in San Diego Country Estates.
- Sheriff’s deputies assist forest service enforce Cedar Creek closure
- Officials work to resolve Cedar Creek trailhead brouhaha
- Cedar Creek Falls closes after fatality
- Cedar Creek hikers irk neighbors
- Cedar Creek Falls trail closes after news of fatality
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=12956