Quakes rattle East County
East County rattled with a series of earthquakes overnight and Sunday.
Eleven minor or moderate quakes rattled Ocotillo, just east of the San Diego-Imperial county line, in the overnight hours.
A pair of magnitude-3.2 earthquakes were recorded six seconds apart at about 11 p.m. Saturday. The U.S. Geological Survey reported a 3.2 magnitude quake at 1:15 a.m. Sunday.
The epicenters were on the U.S.-Mexico border in the Jacumba Wilderness, a jumble of rocks southeast of Ocotillo.
There were no reports of damage or injury. The quakes rattled the same area that was rocked by a magnitude 7.2 earthquake, centered just to the south in Mexico, on Easter Sunday in 2010.
- Quake rattles East County
- Smoke from Mexico fires may be visible in parts of East County
- Earthquake rattles area Saturday
- East County smoke from fire in Mexico
- Epicenter of early morning quake was Salton seashore
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=12466