Jewish congregation to celebrate Purim
Congregation Etz Chaim observes the holiday of Purim with services on Friday, March 9, at 7:30 p.m.
The story of Purim is called a “Megillah” and it reads like a fairytale. The heroine is a beauty contest winner and the villain comes to a bitter end.
Attendees are encouraged to wear costumes and make lots of noise at the mention of the villain’s name. They are rewarded by refreshments of pastries baked in the shape of a three-cornered hat.
The event will be held in the Rotunda of San Diego Country Estates, 16911 Gunn Stage Road. All who are interested in the activities of this Reform Jewish congregation are invited. For more information, call 760-789-2781.
- Jewish congregation celebrates Purim
- Congregation Etz Chaim to observe Yom Kippur Oct. 7
- Jewish congregation to hold Sabbath services in Ramona Town Hall May 7
- Congregation Etz Chaim to observe Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur
- Congregation to hold Welcome potluck
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=11320