IRS partners with Free File Alliance
With less than six weeks left until the tax deadline, the Free File Alliance, a coalition of industry-leading tax software companies partnered with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), suggests taxpayers take advantage of the IRS Free File program.
Because of Free File Alliance’s partnership with the IRS, all taxpayers with a 2011 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $57,000 or less may use top tax software to prepare and e-file federal returns at no cost.
IRS Free File is available at www.irs.gov/freefile, which provides a list of Free File Alliance member companies. Users may either choose the one that fits their needs or utilize the “help me find a company” tool. After selecting a tax software company, users will be transferred to the company’s website to prepare, complete, and electronically file their federal income tax returns. The service is also available in Spanish.
- Volunteers provide free tax preparation at library
- Deadline to file 2008 tax returns is today
- IRS and AARP seek 2012 tax preparation volunteers
- Sales tax deduction for new car purchases through end of 2009
- New law drops state tax on forgiven debt
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=11288