Sheriff’s pursuit leads to lockdown at Ramona High
A sheriff’s pursuit of a stolen vehicle led to a lockdown at Ramona High School that lasted about 10 minutes, Principal Tony Newman said in a message to all parents of RHS students about 11:40 a.m. today, Feb. 16.
“Within the last 15 minutes Ramona High School was directed to go into lockdown due to a situation on Hanson Lane,” Newman’s recorded message said.
Sheriff’s deputies were in pursuit of a stolen vehicle when the suspect vehicle drove into the upper parking lot of the school at 1401 Hanson Lane near the Performing Arts Wing.
The vehicle was quickly surrounded by patrol cars and both suspects were apprehended and taken into custody, Newman said.
No other information is available at this time.
- Ramona High student runs from attempted abduction
- Man jailed after high-speed chase in stolen truck
- Ramona man arrested for vehicle theft
- Wanted: Messages, stories about Ramona High’s six retiring teachers
- Free ESL classes held for adults, high schoolers
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=10692