Epicenter of early morning quake was Salton seashore
East San Diego County and the Coachella and Imperial valleys rumbled with a series of earthquakes centered at the southern end of the Salton Sea early Saturday.
A magnitude 3.0 temblor started the latest sequence of shakes. It struck at 1:46 a.m., and its epicenter was on the Salton seashore 3 miles west-southwest of Niland, according to automated seismographs operated by the USGS and the Southern California Earthquake Center.
The 3.0 temblor was followed by a series of smaller microquakes.
There were no reports of damage in the area.
- Quake rattles East County
- Earthquake reported in backcountry
- Earthquake rattles area Saturday
- ShakeOut earthquake drill is at 10:20 this morning
- Ramona man suspected of starting brush fire near Salton Sea
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=10523