Delay for RMWD solar installation
Completion of solar installations at the Ramona Municipal Water District’s two sewer treatment plants has been delayed by a couple of months, according to district General Manager David Barnum.
The solar projects for the Santa Maria and San Vicente wastewater treatment plants were anticipated to be finished by late December 2011, but weather-related issues and other factors impacted a sub-contractor of Siliken USA and caused a delay, Barnum said.
The solar is projected to be completed by the end of February, he said. Both solar installations are being constructed at no cost to the district through power purchase agreements and are estimated to save the district around $1.5 million over 20 years.
- RMWD solar projects scheduled for end-of-year completion
- Water district may join fight over proposed solar fee
- RMWD OKs fee to reserve solar rebate
- Power outage costs water district $17K
- Water district looks into solar
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=10057