Authorities release name of woman killed on San Vicente Road
Authorities today identified a 19-year-old motorist who was killed when her car slid across a rain-slick Ramona road and was struck broadside by a tanker truck.
Amanda Jean Blessum was fatally injured on San Vicente Road near Wildcat Canyon Road shortly after 2 p.m. Monday, according to the San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Blessum was speeding when her silver Kia Spectra crossed over a double yellow line and skidded directly into the path of the International Propane Co. vehicle, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The trucker, 62-year-old Richard Leroy of Ramona, braked and swerved sharply to the right but was unable to steer clear of the hydroplaning sedan, CHP Public Affairs Officer Brian Pennings said.
Blessum, who was not wearing a seat belt, was pronounced dead at the scene. Leroy was unhurt, Pennings said.
San Vicente Road was closed to traffic between Wildcat Canyon Road and Warnock Drive for approximately two hours following the accident.
- Florida man killed in head-on collision on Wildcat Canyon Road south of San Vicente
- Ramona man killed in single-vehicle collision
- Officials release name of Ramona man killed in Lakeside crash
- Brush fire off Wildcat Canyon Road south of San Vicente
- County crews clear debris from San Vicente Road shoulders in Ramona
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=9935