Medical examiner releases name of SR-78 accident victim
The San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office has released the name of the man killed in an accident on state Route 78 at Ash Street late Tuesday afternoon.
Harold Lloyd Calhoun, 73, of Ramona, was riding his scooter southbound on Ash Street when he failed to yield at the stop sign at SR-78 and was struck by a vehicle traveling westbound on the state highway, according to the medical examiner. Paramedics responding to the scene confirmed Calhoun’s death without medical intervention at 3:45 p.m., said the examiner’s report.
Route 78 traffic was diverted for about two hours after the accident. Eastbound traffic on SR- 78 was diverted at Haverford Road and westbound traffic on SR-78 was detoured onto Ash Street.
The male driver of the Kia Rio that struck the scooter and a female passenger were reported uninjured.
- Man, 73, dies in SR-78 accident at Ash Street
- SR-78 accident closes traffic at Haverford Road and Ash Street
- Medical examiner releases name of Ramona man killed in Dec. 20 crash
- Accident triggers road closure
- Accident victim airlifted to hospital
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=9255