Youth Basketball League Standouts of the Week
Boys and Girls Club
Marco scored 16 points in the league opener. He was huge on the boards, playing aggressively in the paint and making tough shots against “The Sway dogs,” says his coach. Marco, an eighth-grader at OPMS, has maintained a 4.0 grade point average all year. He played Pop Warner football and has been involved with Pop Warner’s Challenger Flag Football league. When Marco is not playing basketball, you’ll find him listening to and writing music to play on his guitar. Whenever he has free time, he enjoys hanging out with his friends.
Sasha had 24 points in two games. Her team, the “Hippos,” are undefeated in the league. Sasha is 80 percent at the free throw line and a huge asset on defense, says Coach Jeff Klawiter. Sasha is part of the 4.0 nation at Olive Peirce Middle School, plays Intra soccer and can’t wait for OP basketball. When she’s not on a field or on the court, she’s out riding her horse, Henry.
For statistics and game results, see www.leaguelineup.com/ramonahoops
- Youth Basketball League Standouts of the Week
- Boys and Girls Club Youth Basketball League starts Saturday
- Athlete of the Week: Kwayde Miller key in cagers’ come-from-behind victory
- Nine cagers earn All Valley League recognition
- Registration starts for Recreational Basketball League; coaches needed
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=9111