VFW donates to AVID
Pat Bell of Ramona Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3783 Men’s Auxiliary presents a check for $200 to Ramona High School teacher Ed Bacorn, in uniform, for the Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program at the school. Also pictured are Greg Trout, auxiliary secretary, and Kory Martenson, far right, auxiliary chaplain. Bacorn petitioned the men’s auxiliary for money to help pay for a bus trip for AVID students. In 1988, the AVID program was created to increase the number of underserved students enrolling in postsecondary education. Beginning with one class, the program now serves over 300 Ramona students. Approximately 90 percent of AVID students in Ramona matriculate to college, almost one-third higher than state and national averages, said Bacorn.
- Kiwanis Club donates toys
- Kiwanis Club donates to RHS robotics team
- Businessman donates to schools
- Rotary donates books to Ramona Library
- Iipay Nation of Santa Ysabel donates pool tables to after-school programs
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=9103