Man, 34, arrested in failed robbery attempt at KFC restaurant
Raul Cruz, 34, was jailed Saturday, suspected of a failed robbery attempt at the KFC restaurant at 1025 Main St., according to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.
A man with a handgun forced open an interior door to the restaurant just after 8 p.m. Friday and demanded that an employee open the cash drawer, reported sheriff’s Sgt. Christina Bavencoff. The suspect, described as a Hispanic male armed with a handgun, fled the restaurant without receiving any cash, noted Bavencoff.
Deputies spotted a suspect who matched the description and gave chase. The suspect was taken into custody and subsequently arrested on multiple charges, including attempted robbery, reported Bavencoff. The Sheriff’s Ramona Substation Detective Unit is investigating the incident.
Cruz is scheduled to be arraigned on Wednesday, Dec. 21.
- Sheriff’s deputies continue search for armed robbery suspect
- Man suspected in fifth armed robbery
- Ramona man arrested for vehicle theft
- Two arrested in jewelry heist suspected of Barona Casino robbery
- Ramona man, 20, stabbed by vehicle burglary suspect
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=8812