Sheriff’s Department needs senior volunteers
The Ramona station of the San Diego Sheriff’s Department needs male or female seniors, age 50 or older, who would like to serve their community.
Candidates must have auto and health insurance, be U.S. citizens, have a California driver’s license and be able to pass a background check.
Upon approval, applicants will attend a two-week academy where they will be instructed in the use of the sheriff’s radio, informed how to perform vacation checks, and taught traffic control, patrol observations, driver evaluation and CPR. Uniforms are supplied.
After graduation, new members will be assigned to work with current members on scheduled patrols and check on the homebound.
Anyone interested in becoming a member of the Ramona Senior Volunteer Patrol should contact Bill Hicks at 760-738-2481 days or evenings.
- Volunteers conduct free vacation checks
- ‘Buzzed’ driving is drunk driving, warns the sheriff’s department
- Sheriff’s department is forming advisory panel in Ramona
- Sheriff’s Mounted Patrol volunteers, part of Ramona’s safety net
- Sheriff’s Department arrests teen in residential burglary
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=8711