Halloween Safety Tips
The following Halloween safety tips come from Cal Fire and the Ramona Fire Department.
Tips for Choosing the Right Costumes
• Purchase costumes made of flame-retardant material (check the label).
• Keep hemlines short enough to prevent tripping. Avoid loose, baggy sleeves or billowing shirts.
• To be seen easily, costumes should be made of a light color material.
• Use glow-in-the-dark reflective tape on costume.
• Use make-up rather than masks, which could obstruct vision.
Tips for Halloween Night
• Use battery powered lights. Never use candles to light jack-o’-lanterns.
• Instruct children to stay away from open flames.
• Remove objects from the yard that present a hazard to children (garden tools, hoses, etc.).
• Be extremely careful with cornstalks and other harvest season items. Keep them away from sources of heat. Don’t let them block doorways or stairs.
• Do not allow children to carry sharp sticks or other objects that could cause injury to others.
• If you are driving on Halloween, take care. Watch out for trick-or-treaters who will be too busy to watch out for you.
• Closely inspect all candy before allowing children to eat it. Discard any unwrapped treats from a stranger.
If in doubt, throw it out.
- Potential Halloween mistake could haunt parents
- Jeremy’s hosts Halloween wine pairing
- Teen girls learn personal safety tips
- Halloween Happenings
- Last-minute tips to prepare for next disaster
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=7098