FBI breaks ground on new area headquarters
Ground was broken for a nearly 250,000-square-foot area headquarters for the FBI overlooking the 805 freeway in Mira Mesa on Friday.
The regional field office will provide space for more than 500 agents and staff, according to the agency.
“We are currently located in six leased facilities in San Diego which are incapable of supporting new functions and do not meet enhanced IT and security requirements,” Special Agent in Charge Keith Slotter said. “This new building will consolidate our resources to facilitate both an efficient working environment and provide us with state of the art capabilities needed to meet the needs of the FBI’s intelligence and law enforcement activities.”
The FBI’s main administrative offices are off Aero Drive in Kearny Mesa.
When the agency can move to its new location is unclear.
- Common Ground women’s circle to meet monthly
- County set to break ground on new Ramona library on Monday
- Officials break ground for new library
- Wholesaler cuts funding for Ramona water district program
- Dotson breaks own triple jump record
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=7182