Portion of SR-78 closed to stabilize slope
Beginning Thursday, state Route 78 (SR-78) will be closed between Indian Oaks Road and Weekend Villa Road weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for approximately three weeks.
California Department of Transportation reports that this safety project will prevent rocks from falling down the slope and onto the highway. Because of the nature of the work, it can only be done during daylight hours, reports Caltrans.
Westbound motorists from Ramona, Julian and other backcountry communities are being detoured south on state Route 67 (SR-67) to westbound Scripps Poway Parkway and then to Interstate 15 (I-15). Eastbound motorists are advised to take I-15 to eastbound Scripps Poway Parkway and then to northbound SR-67 to SR-78.
The road will be open weekends.
For more information about this and other projects and closures in the region, follow Caltrans on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SDCaltrans.
- Southbound Route 163 at Interstate 15 closed tonight
- Portion of SR-67 closed 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. this week
- SR-67 connector to eastbound I-8/Magnolia Avenue to close for 5 hours Saturday morning
- Connector at 1-8 and SR-67 closed Wednesday night
- Eastbound Poway Grade to close four hours for bike ride Sunday
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=7047