Quake rattles East County
A magnitude 3.0 earthquake rattled the Julian area on Saturday.
The earth twitched at 2:32 p.m. in the event, which was epicentered in the mountains 11 miles east-southeast of Julian.
The epicenter was also described as 14 miles north-northeast of Pine Valley, or 45 miles east-northeast of downtown San Diego.
Automated seismographs placed the epicenter about 5.4 miles beneath the surface.
—City News Service
- Earthquake reported in backcountry
- Smoke from Mexico fires may be visible in parts of East County
- County gives go-ahead to resurface 4.48 miles of Ramona streets
- Earthquake was near Inglewood
- Overturned tractor-trailer closes SR-78 east of Ramona
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=6973