Blood pressure screenings Thursday
Ramona Senior Center News
Mindy Waldhauser from Grace Care Management will provide free blood pressure screenings in the lobby of the Ramona Senior Center from 10 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Oct. 20.
Ramona Senior Center is open at 434 Aqua Lane weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., except for legal holidays. The pool table is available for use any time except during Bargain Corner.
Among activities in the coming week are:
• Thursday, Oct. 20: Free blood pressure screenings provided by Grace Care Management from 10 a.m. to noon, Bingo at 1 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 21: Exercise at 9 a.m., Birthday lunch at 11:30 a.m., Pokeno at 1 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 24: Exercise at 9 a.m., Lace at 9 a.m., Bible study at 10 a.m., Pacific Educational Foundation (PEF) Board at 1 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 25: Quilting at 9 a.m.
• Wednesday, Oct. 26: Exercise at 9 a.m., Pinochle at 9 a.m., Bridge at 12:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 27: Bingo at 1 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 28: Exercise at 9 a.m., Pokeno at 1 p.m.
Dinner-style meals are served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meals also are delivered to the homebound in Ramona, Julian, Mesa Grande, Santa Ysabel and Warner Springs.
Suggested donation for lunch for seniors age 60 and older and for homebound is $4. Transportation is $1. Lunch for non-seniors is $6.
Lunch reservations are advised. For reservations and more information, call the senior center at 789-0440.
Menu for Week
• Thursday, Oct. 20: Meatloaf, baked potato, spinach, peaches.
• Friday, Oct. 21: Oven fried chicken, stuffing with gravy, broccoli, apple cinnamon crumb cake. Birthday lunch for seniors celebrating birthdays this month.
• Monday, Oct. 24: Italian stuffed shells, bread sticks, Italian vegetables, Mandarin oranges.
• Tuesday, Oct. 25: Cabbage rolls, mashed potatoes, four-way mixed vegetables, cantaloupe.
• Wednesday, Oct. 26: Taco salad with Fritos, lettuce tomato, cheese, refried beans, Mexican rice, fruit cocktail.
• Thursday, Oct. 27: Chicken breast patty with gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, pears.
• Friday, Oct. 28: Hamburgers with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pork and beans, red potato salad, strawberry short cake.
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=6871