Earthquake reported in backcountry
A magnitude-3.1 earthquake was recorded 46 miles east-southeast of San Diego on Monday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The 10:30 a.m. quake’s epicenter was about 12 miles east-southeast of Julian, 14 miles north-northeast of Pine Valley and 17 miles south of Borrego Springs, according to a computer-generated U.S. Geological Survey report.
There were no reports of damage or injuries.
- Earthquake was near Inglewood
- Lightning triggers fires in backcountry
- Eagle fire spreads to 11,000 acres, burning northwest
- Great Fire is 65 percent contained
- Baja California earthquake rattles Ramona, felt countywide
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=6765