Man arrested, suspected of arson in Lakeside area
With temperatures in the region expected to reach three digits again today and with officials on fire alert, a man was arrested this morning on suspicion of setting a small brush fire off Old Highway 80 in the East County, authorities said.
The fire near the intersection of Los Coches Road and Old Highway 80 in the Lakeside area was reported about 7:50 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol. It was out half an hour later.
A witness reported seeing a man set the fire and gave deputies a detailed description, said San Diego County sheriff’s Lt. Anthony Ray.
Deputies searched the area and soon assisted the Lakeside Fire Department in arresting a man on suspicion of arson, Ray said.
The man was taken to a hospital after he developed trouble breathing, the lieutenant said. His name and age were not immediately released.
- Suspect arrested in Eagle Fire arson
- Lakeside man sentenced to 32-month prison term for incident in Ramona
- Arson suspected in house explosion
- Detective arrested for hit and run, DUI
- Arson started Eagle fire, CalFire investigators find
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=6613