Wildfire east of Wild Animal Park
Update: Oct. 12, 12:40 p.m.—Firefighters stopped the spread of the wildfire at 5 acres, and the incident commander is releasing the airtankers, one of the helicopters and the bulldozer, reports Cal Fire.
Initial report: Cal Fire is at the scene of a three-acre grass fire, just east of the Wild Animal Park off Highway 78 near Clevenger Canyon.
According to Cal Fire, the fire is burning upslope in medium to light brush, with a moderate spread. The winds are shifting from the west to the east causing some control problems.
The fire was dispatched at 11:46 a.m. Wednesday, the cause is under investigation, and there are no structures threatened, reports Cal Fire.
- Eagle fire near Warner Springs spreads to 1,000 acres
- CalFire fighting two brush fires in county
- CalFire fighting 400-acre fire near Warner Springs
- Smoke from Mexico fires may be visible in parts of East County
- Great Fire is 65 percent contained
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=6566