Escondido man arrested in SR-78 fatal collision
An Escondido man arrested in a fatal collision faces a possible drunken driving charge and other felonies, authorities report.
Joshua Goldbaum, 27, allegedly ran from a collision at state Route 78 and Bear Valley Parkway about 2:20 a.m. on Saturday, and a 21-year-old woman riding in the other car died, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Goldbaum, who was arrested later the same morning, was booked at the Vista jail on suspicion of drunken driving, hit and run and gross vehicular manslaughter, with bail set at $100,000.
Authorities were withholding the name of woman who was killed.
According to the CHP, Goldbaum was driving a white Hyundai Sonata that collided with a a Ford Aerostar van on its passenger side, and the woman killed was riding in the rear on that side.
- Ramona man enters innocent plea in woman’s sidewalk death
- Woman accused of misdemeanor manslaughter in local man’s death
- Motorist to stand trial in young mother’s death
- Detective arrested for hit and run, DUI
- Driver arraigned in fatal crash of mother, 25
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=6497