Congregation Etz Chaim to observe Yom Kippur Oct. 7
Congregation Etz Chaim will observe Yom Kippur, the most solemn event in the Jewish calendar, in the Rotunda of San Diego Country Estates, 16911 Gunn Stage Road, at 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 7.
Everyone who attends is asked to bring a donation of non-perishable food, which will be delivered to the Ramona Food and Clothes Closet to help feed Ramona’s needy. A memorial service will be held at approximately 1 p.m.
All who are physically able to will fast from the beginning of Yom Kippur until the final prayer. At the conclusion of services all present will partake of a potluck supper to break the fast together.
There is no charge to attend services and no tickets are required. For additional information, call 760-789-2781.
- Congregation Etz Chaim to observe Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur
- Congregation Etz Chaim elects officers
- Community invited to Ramona’s Evening of Prayer
- Jewish congregation continues 29-year tradition
- Jewish congregation to hold Sabbath services in Ramona Town Hall May 7
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=6382