Conserve water through outage
Ramoma Municipal Water District (RMWD) is preparing to send a call-all message to its customers asking them to conserve water during the power outage, David Barnum, the District’s Assistant General Manager said this evening just before 8:30.
Barnum said customers are being asked to curtail outside watering and to use water for essential needs only. The district is working with San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE) during the massive outage that started just before 4:00 Thursday afternoon.
SDGE told Barnum it expects to have power restored tonight or early Friday and is getting back-up generators in place. RMWD does have water in its storage tanks, but it is exercising an abundance of caution in case the power outage lasts longer than anticipated said Barnum. Ramona relys on electricity to pump its water up the hill from its pump station in Poway.
The disrict will send a second call-all message to its customers when power is restored said Barnum.
- Major power outage hits regions, ‘Stay home’ says SDG&E
- End of drought means little to water customers here
- San Diego County Water Authority lifts water restrictions
- Water district crews work overnight on water pipeline break
- David Barnum is Ramona water board’s choice as general manager
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=5581