Skadoosh team from Ramona wins second Over The Line title
Three Ramona High School seniors made good at the Old Mission Beach Athletic Club’s (OMBAC) Junior World Championship of Over the Line (OTL) on Sunday, Aug. 21.
Kacy Herald, Alexis Sharpe, and Karissa “KK” Melgoza formed the team Skadoosh and competed in the girls 15- to 20-year-old division, finishing in first place out of nine teams with a 5 and 1 record. The score of the championship game was 9-2.
It was the girls’ second OMBAC title in three years. OMBAC also offers a scholarship for the participating athletes, and with the girls success they are hoping to receive some help with college expenses.
Next on the list for the three is a crack at the big OTL tournament at Fiesta Island in July of 2012, when they will play in the women’s open division.
- Junior Over-the-line Tournament winners
- Kailey Hill’s travel team wins national title
- RHS Song team wins regional championship
- Riviera Oaks ladies doubles team wins North County championship
- Ramona’s Awrey third in state pageant, wins photogenic award
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=5446