Wildcat fire threatens structures, grows to 100 acres
Cal Fire and Heartland Fire agencies are on scene of a 100-acre vegetation fire off Wildcat Canyon and San Vicente Road Monday afternoon.
The fire is moving in a northeast direction toward San Diego Country Estates, Cal Fire reports. Structures are threatened.
The fire was reported at 3:07 p.m. and the cause is under investigation. Wildcat Canyon is closed near the fire scene.
Ten engines, four fire crews, two air tankers, three helicopters, a bulldozer and two water tenders are fighting the fire from the air and ground. A total of 100 firefighters are battling the fire, reports Cal Fire.
- Brush fire off Wildcat Canyon Road south of San Vicente
- Eagle fire near Warner Springs spreads to 1,000 acres
- Eagle fire spreads to 11,000 acres, burning northwest
- Fire burns 106 acres at base of Palomar Mountain
- Brush fire breaks out off Highway 94 and Millar Ranch Road
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=5294