Firefighters stop spread of Wildcat fire
An air tanker drops fire retardant on a hillside off Wildcat Canyon Road south of San Vicente Road Monday afternoon.
The vegetation fire was reported at 3:07 p.m. and had grown to 100 acres by 4 p.m., according to Cal Fire. As of 6:30 p.m., Mike Mohler, public information officer for Cal Fire, said firefighters had made progress on the fire and all aircraft had been released.
Just before 8 Monday evening, Cal Fire reported the spread of the fire had been stopped, and the fire was mapped at 75 acres.
Firefighters will be mopping up any remaining hot spots and may be working through the night.
- Firefighters stop spread of two fires in county
- Firefighters ‘making good progress’ on Wildcat fire
- Wildcat fire threatens structures, grows to 100 acres
- Brush fire off Wildcat Canyon Road south of San Vicente
- Spread of Steffy brush fire stopped, CalFire reports
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=5298