Backpacks, school supplies given away at back-to-school party
A crowd of children and adults enjoy the Ronald McDonald Show during the fifth annual Ramona Backpack &
School Supply Drive and Back to School Barbecue outside Main Street Roca church, 825 Main St., on Friday evening.
Free festivities included The Talking Police Car, Ronald McDonald and his show, party jump for the younger children, games, live music, face painting and a barbecue dinner.
Stacey Rudge, who with her husband Scott coordinated the event, said 530 backpacks, 75 binders and 100 matching lunch boxes to go with some of the backpacks were donated for the back-to-school giveaway. School supplies were in the backpacks and binders. Donations came from area businesses, individuals and organizations.
- School supply giveaway and barbecue are Friday
- James Dukes students in Ramona celebrate school’s 25th anniversary at time capsule party
- Coffee Party’s Ramona chapter to meet Saturday in library
- Area residents stage third TEA party
- Kickoff party has it all: fashion, food, fun
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=4921