Suspect arrested in Eagle Fire arson
Cal Fire reports that a suspect has been arrested in connection with the Eagle fire that started on the Los Coyotes Indian Reservation near Warner Springs on July 21 and burned 14,100 acres.
The name of the suspect and further details have not been released. The arrest was made in a joint law enforcement operation, stated Cal Fire.
Earlier this week Cal Fire reported that the Eagle fire was 100 percent contained. Estimated cost to fight the fire was $15.4 million. Over 2,100 fire personnel fought the backcountry blaze that burned through brush in rugged terrain and destroyed one outbuilding.
- Arson started Eagle fire, CalFire investigators find
- Eagle fire spreads to 11,000 acres, burning northwest
- Eagle fire near Warner Springs spreads to 1,000 acres
- Eagle fire keeps Ramona Airport busy
- Eagle fire spreads to 2,500 acres, burning away from populated areas
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=4670