CalFire fighting 400-acre fire near Warner Springs
CalFire is on the scene of a 400-acre vegetation fire off Highway 79 and Camino San Ignacio near Warner Springs. The fire was reported at 10:40 p.m. on Thursday, July 21, and is 10 percent contained, CalFire Capt. Mike Mohler said on Friday morning.
The fire is burning on the Los Coyote Indian Reservation in heavy brush with a moderate rate of spread, Mohler reported. Two cabins and numerous archeological sites are threatened, he said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- CalFire fighting two brush fires in county
- CalFire investigates cause of 15-acre fire in Ramona
- Spread of Steffy brush fire stopped, CalFire reports
- Airtankers stop brush fire in Dulzura, CalFire reports
- Fire burns 106 acres at base of Palomar Mountain
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=1904