Supervisors designate $57,000 for Ramona chamber, historical society
By Joe Naiman
San Diego County supervisors have approved $57,000 in county Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) for Ramona: $42,000 for Ramona Chamber of Commerce and $15,000 for Ramona Pioneer Historical Society.
The money targeted for Ramona is the same as what the two organizations received last year.
Each county supervisor has a $500,000 Community Enhancement budget, and each decides how much of his or her budget to give to each group requesting funds. Although the revenue is from TOT money collected from lodging facilities in the unincorporated portion of the county, organizations in incorporated cities are also eligible for funding.
The Ramona chamber had requested $61,000.The $42,000 will be used for the Ramona Country Fair, the Open Artist Studio Tour, the Safe Trick or Treat on Main Street, the Valley of the Sun Pitcher’s Duel Horseshoe Tournament and the chamber’s installation dinner.
The historical Society, which sought $26,000, will use the $15,000 to help pay for office administrator expenses.
- Ramona chamber, museum ask for $87,000 in county TOT money
- Supervisors earmark $57,000 for Ramona
- Chamber wants $90,000 of county hotel/motel tax
- Chamber gets $53,000 and museum receives $20,000 in hotel/motel tax money
- E Clampus Vitus unveils plaque to Ramona historical society
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=1572