Barnett Elementary to stage “The Time Machine”a Broadway Revue
Forty-four Barnett Elementary students, ranging in ages from 7 to 12, have been doing high-struts and tumbling runs and singing their hearts out in preparation for performances of the upcoming school musical, “The Time Machine (A Broadway Revue With a Twist).”
The performance includes 11 tunes familiar to the Broadway stage. Among them are “Comedy Tonight!” from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum to George M. Cohan’s familiar “Give My Regards to Broadway.”
The script, written by Barnett music director Donna Ransdell, involves students who are building a science fair project that goes slightly awry, taking them back into time on the Broadway stage.
The students have been rehearsing up to three times a week for the past nine weeks.
The show opens in Barnett Elementary School’s Multi-Purpose Room on Tuesday, May 24, at 7 p.m., with an additional performance on Wednesday, May 25, also at 7 p.m.
Admission is free. Donations to the Music Department are always appreciated.
- Barnett Elementary third-graders grill congressman
- Barnett PTA presents awards
- Ramona students stage 3rd Annual All-District Concert on Saturday
- Barnett fifth-graders in Ramona learn some of the realities of pioneer days
- School district takes center stage at state conference
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=724