Brisk Saturday morning hike leads to snow on Mt. Woodson
While some people headed toward Julian to play in the snow Saturday, Ramona resident Eric D. Kozakiewicz and others took a brisk hike to the top of Mount Woodson.
Kozakiewicz’s 25-minute hike started about 10 a.m., and he and other hikers were treated to 1-1/2 inches of snow and views from the mountaintop.
“For those who made the morning hike, a view of the surrounding mountains to the east and snow at your feet to play in was unexpected and may be the last time this year,” Kozakiewicz reported when he emailed his photos.
- Iron Mountain, Mt. Woodson, Cedar Creek Falls: Three hikes to take after you’re in shape
- Ramona man killed in morning crash in Lakeside
- SDG&E wants rate hike to offset insurance costs
- Arson investigation leads to arrest of Stars gas station owner
- Ramona CERT draws attention to Cedar Creek hiking hazards
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=52