Congregation Etz Chaim elects officers
Members of Congregation Etz Chaim held their annual election on Friday, June 25. Since there were no opposing candidates, the slate presented by the Nominating Committee was elected by acclamation.
Those elected are: President Diana Levin, Vice President Brad Fisher, Treasurer Charles Levitin and Secretary Gail Cole.
Rabbi Ben Leinow installed the new officers and directors in a ceremony centered around the 180-plus-year-old Torah scroll.
Rhoda Hamburger, past president, was presented with a plaque naming her a Woman of Valour for her 12 years of service leading the congregation.
New members were welcomed and included in the Sabbath service that followed the election.
For more information about the only Jewish presence in Ramona, call 760-789-2781.
- Jewish congregation to hold Sabbath services in Ramona Town Hall May 7
- Jewish congregation continues 29-year tradition
- Intermountain elects board
- Congregation to bid farewell to vicar
- Jewish congregation celebrates Purim
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2688