Gang member, 17, faces vandalism charges
A 17-year-old Ramona gang member is charged with vandalizing five Main Street businesses in May, reports Deputy Tom Seiver with the sheriff’s Ramona Substation.
The teen, a member of the Ramona Town Locos gang, was arrested last Thursday after an investigation led to him as a suspect and there was a subsequent search of his home in the 800 block of B Street, said Seiver.
According to Seiver, businesses that were tagged with gang graffiti in the vandalism spree were Old Town Ramona Antique Fair, Circle K, Berean Bible Church, Ramona Valley Inn and Ramona Cycle Supply.
The suspect allegedly crossed out another gang’s moniker and replaced it with Ramona Town Locos’ graffiti, said Seiver.
In addition to vandalism, the suspect faces charges of possession of a dangerous weapon and participating in a street gang, said Seiver.
- Ramona man, 18, faces vandalism, burglary charges
- Ramona man, 18, faces school vandalism, burglary charges
- Community meeting targets graffiti and gang awareness
- Graffiti and gang awareness are topics of Jan. 27 meeting
- Community meeting to tackle gang awareness
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=3017