Deadline to request mail ballot for June 8 election is June 1
Voters wanting to cast their ballots in the comfort of their own home have until Tuesday, June 1, to request a mail ballot for the Gubernatorial Primary Election on June 8. There are several ways to apply:
• Complete the application on the back of the sample ballot and voter information pamphlet mailed to each registered voter.
• Download an application from the Registrar of Voters’ website at www.sdvote.com.
• Fax or mail a note to the Registrar of Voters. The request must include the voter’s name, residence address, name and date of the election for which a ballot is requested, the address where the ballot is to be mailed, and the voter’s signature.
Applications and notes may be faxed to 858-694-2955 or sent to the Registrar of Voters at P.O. Box 85520, San Diego, CA 92186-5520.
By state law, applications must be physically received by the Registrar of Voters no later than 5 p.m. on June 1. They cannot be simply postmarked on that date.
Those who miss the deadline may vote in person at the Registrar of Voters office at 5201 Ruffin Road, Suite I, in Kearny Mesa.
To learn more about voting in the June 8 election, visit www.sdvote.com, or contact the Registrar of Voters at 858-565-5800.
- Registration deadline for special election is May 4
- County offers voters online tool before Nov. 4 election
- Registrar encourages voters to prepare
- Registrar opens office for weekend voters
- Election as Education: Middle school students stage mock election
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2807