Boy pinned between 2 cars at baseball fields
A 10-year-old boy hit by a car in the parking lot of the Ramona PONY Baseball fields at 434 Aqua Lane Friday afternoon was taken to Rady Children’s Hospital by Mercy Air ambulance with an injury to his right leg and cuts to his left hand, reports California Highway Patrol.
According to the CHP report of the accident, which occurred about 4 p.m., the boy was removing baseball gear from the rear compartment of his mother’s parked vehicle when the driver of another vehicle was backing out of a parking spot and did not see him or the parked car. The driver said she was blinded by the sun and did not see the boy or the other vehicle, CHP reports.
The boy’s right leg was crushed between the rear bumpers of both vehicles, and the woman’s car caused minor damage to the parked vehicle, according to the accident report. The extent of the injury to the boy’s leg is unknown.
- 67 crash kills Lakeside couple
- One man dead, another listed in critical condition after accident
- Padres’ Swinging Friar will be here for PONY Baseball Opening Day
- Baseball clinic, alumni game
- Bulldog baseball kicks off 2010 season at K classic
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2393