Flowergrams aid earthquake survivors
Ramona High School dance students wanted to do something to help victims of the earthquake in Haiti, so they decided to take half of the money raised by their “Flowergrams” fundraiser in February and donate it to those in need.
“They are extremely happy to be helping,” said teacher Lynn Chastang. “They just want to do some good in the world. They came up with the idea for it on their own and I am so proud that they are thinking way beyond themselves.”
The students raised $300 and are hoping the money will aid in giving survivors clean water and medical attention.
- Survivors invited to Relay for Life’s Lap of Hope
- Congregational Church spearheads CROP Walk
- Third-graders wage campaigns to aid Haiti victims
- Earthquake was near Inglewood
- Earthquake felt in Ramona
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2972