Armed robbery suspect sought
Detectives at the sheriff’s Ramona substation are investigating an armed robbery during which a young woman locking up a business in the 1900 block of Main Street was approached at gunpoint about 9:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15.
The suspect, whose face was covered with a hockey mask, came out from a bush as the victim was locking Salon Blondies beauty salon at 1925 Main St. and approached her at gunpoint, said sheriff’s Detective Lori-Ann Wells.
The victim gave the suspect her purse and, as she moved away from him, he yelled at her multiple times to shut up and warned her that, “if she called the cops, he’d kill her,” said Wells.
The suspect, who rode off on a bicycle in a southwest direction, was wearing a black hoodie and black pants, said Wells. According to witnesses, the suspect was between 5-feet-2-inches and 5-feet-6-inches tall.
Anyone with information about the incident may contact Wells at the sheriff’s station in Ramona at 760-789-9157.
- Suspect sought in Oct. 22 robbery outside Arco Am/pm
- Deputies search for suspect who stabbed high school student on way home
- Rewards offered in Chevron, Arco robberies
- Deputies nab suspect in series of burglaries
- Sheriff’s Department arrests teen in residential burglary
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2299