Courts closed Oct. 12, 21
San Diego Superior Court will be closed on Monday, Oct. 12, for Columbus Day and will also close all courtrooms and business offices on Wednesday, Oct. 21, as well as the third Wednesday of each subsequent month through June 2010.
The California Judicial Council approved the unprecedented one-day-a-month closures for all state courts due to the ongoing statewide financial crisis and the Legislature’s reduced state funding to the courts.
The statewide court closures are authorized by Government Code section 68106. Court closure days will not count as official court days for purposes of calculating statutory or filing deadlines. The court will re-set hearings currently scheduled for these dates. As with all non-court days, judges will be on duty to handle emergency matters.
The public may visit the court’s Web site at www.sdcourt.ca.gov to handle traffic tickets or obtain court information. A recorded message regarding the court closure is available at 619-450-7400.
Court facilities housing county operations such as the District Attorney’s Office, Probation and Child Support will be open for county business on Oct. 21, but all court operations will be closed.
- Ramona schools closed Monday, Tuesday; water district, county offices closed Veterans Day
- Northbound I-15 off-ramp to Miramar/Pomerado Road closed tonight
- Southbound Route 163 at Interstate 15 closed tonight
- Portion of SR-67 closed 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. this week
- Connector at 1-8 and SR-67 closed Wednesday night
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2768