Lengthy delays expected tonight on Interstate 5
Motorists can expect significant delays on northbound Interstate 5 from 9:30 p.m. tonight, July 30, until 5:30 Friday morning as crews close four of the five lanes between the San Dieguito Bridge and Manchester Avenue, according to the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans).
From 9:30 p.m. until 3 a.m. only the far right-hand lane will be open. A second lane will open by 3 a.m. and all lanes will reopen by 5:30 a.m.
The closure is needed to allow crews to remove and replace concrete bridge approach slabs.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible or to take an alternate route such as Coast Highway 101 between Via de la Valle and Manchester Avenue.
- Southbound Route 163 at Interstate 15 closed tonight
- Caltrans to close Route 67 for interchange work tonight
- Northbound I-15 off-ramp to Miramar/Pomerado Road closed tonight
- Connector at 1-8 and SR-67 closed Wednesday night
- Portion of SR-67 closed 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. this week
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=3337