Firefighters stop spread of two fires in county
Firefighters have stopped the spread of the two brush fires that started a little more than an hour ago. The Vicente Fire was stopped at 10 acres at the ridge top, and the Skyline Fire also has been stopped, Cal Fire reports.
There are 12 engines, 4 fire crews, 1 bulldozer, 2 helicopters, 3 chief officers for a total of about 130 firefighters on scene from CalFire, the forest service, Lakeside Fire and San Diego County Sheriff.
Seven engines, 1 fire crew, 1 water tender and 1 chief officer are at the Skyline Fire, for a total of 45 firefighters, from CalFire, the forest service and Reservation Fire.
The Vicente Fire started at 2:16 p.m. and is off Highway 67 near San Vicente Dam Road between Ramona and Lakeside.
The Skyline Fire is off Lyons Valley Road and Skyline Truck Trail, north of Jamul. It started at 2:19, CalFire reported.
The causes of both fires are being investigated.
- CalFire fighting two brush fires in county
- Airtankers stop brush fire in Dulzura, CalFire reports
- Santa Ana winds keep firefighters on alert
- Cause of quarter-acre fire in Highland Valley is unknown
- Firefighters quickly extinguish fire in mobile home
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2955