CalFire fighting two brush fires in county
CalFire fighting two brush fires in the county are making good progress on both, incident commanders report.
The Vicente Fire, which started at 2:16 p.m., is off Highway 67 near San Vicente Dam Road between Ramona and Lakeside. The brush fire is five acres and no structures are threatened. It has a moderate spread and is burning in medium fuels. The incident commander has released the airtankers, and helicopters are putting out any remaining hot spots until ground crews can get the fire completely surrounded, CalFire reports.
The Skyline Fire off Lyons Valley Road and Skyline Truck Trail, north of Jamul, is three acres in size and burning slowly in light fuels. It started at 2:19, CalFire reports.
The causes of both fires are under investigation.
- Airtankers stop brush fire in Dulzura, CalFire reports
- Cause of quarter-acre fire in Highland Valley is unknown
- Supervisors accept brush management report
- County sues SDG&E, Cox for wildfire damages
- Two reported critical in Highway 67 head-on
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2574