Alex Muren selected for All American elite squad
Recent Ramona High School graduate Alex Muren was named to the 2009 Louisville Slugger High School All American Team in the June 12 issue of Collegiate Baseball.
Muren is a five-tool player (run, hit, hit for power, throw and field) who was selected as an outfielder on the elite squad. He was the only San Diego County athlete named to the All American team. Twelve players from California were selected to the squad.
Muren has signed a national letter of intent to play baseball at Cal State University at Northridge. Because he committed to play in college, he was not drafted in the recent professional draft.
Muren is an All American. He is an excellent student and athlete, and his conduct is great. Louisville Slugger just made official what the good folks in Ramona always knew.
Muren is the first Ramona athlete to make the post-season All American team in its 13 years of selection. He is the son of Tim and Tammy Muren.
- Baseball team to continue tradition of excellence
- Adelman selected boys soccer MVP, Defensive Player of Year
- Post-season honors go to 5 RHS softball players
- Bulldogs log in regional football honors for season
- West Coast Conference Player of Year in baseball is Ramona’s James Meador
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=2282