Soroptimists kick off Man About Town Campaign
Soroptimist International of Ramona has kicked off its annual Man About Town Campaign with the following candidates:
• Joe Zenovic—2008 Man About Town, owner of Meadow Builders. The charity benefiting from his campaign is Committee for a Better Ramona.
• Bob Murray—owner of Java Hut in San Diego Country Estates. Breast Cancer is the charity benefiting from his campaign.
• Darrell Moore—owner D’sHandyman Services. His charity is Breast Cancer.
• Tom Cole—owner of Jewelry World. His charity is Soroptimist International
• Harry Palmer—retired Navy pilot and volunteer teacher’s assistant. His charity is the Veterans Hospital.
Each candidate collects contributions in a can decorated with his business, hobbies and charity. Each cent counts as one vote. The candidate with most total monies is elected Man About Town for 2009. Fifty percent of the funds go to the candidates’ chosen charity and the other 50 percent goes to Soroptomist International Ramona.
“When you see a candidate shaking his can around town, please make a contribution,” said Sally Westbrook, Soroptimist president. “Your contribution will assist in an international program for Human Trafficking Awareness.”
- Ramona teams top $111,000 for breast cancer cure
- Ramona Town Hall’s Honorary Mayor’s Contest
- Honorary Mayor Contest kicks off at open house
- Deadline for Soroptimists’ Women’s Opportunity Award is Dec. 1
- Share Your Holidays campaign in full swing
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=4112