Historical society joins forest celebration
Cleveland National Forest is marking its 100th birthday, and one of its closest neighbors, the Ramona Pioneer Historical Society, will join the celebration and host a potluck dinner meeting April 21 at 6:30 p.m. in the Barnett Barn on the grounds of the Guy B. Woodward Museum, 645 Main St. The public is invited.
Joan Friedlander, the forest’s Palomar District Ranger, and Jim Newland, author of Images of America: The Cleveland National Forest, will present a program. Friedlander will discuss the current Palomar District and Newland will present a PowerPoint presentation about Cleveland National Forest history. His book will be available for sale.
Those attending are asked to bring a main dish, salad, or dessert for eight. For more information, call 789-7644.
- Acupuncturist joins 31st Annual Great American Smoke Out
- Airport joins Marines for Toys for Tots Drive Dec. 13
- RMWD changes its meeting time
- Rescue 2009 saves money in emergency
- Share Your Holiday party applications due next week
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=3155