March 13 rally supports statewide Pink Friday
Ramona Teachers Association (RTA) invites parents, administrators, school district workers, school board members and others in the community to join them at the Pink Friday rally at Dye Road and Highway 67 on Friday, March 13, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. The rally is part of a statewide effort backed by the California Teachers Association.
“Our focus is on supporting education,” said Donna Braye-Romero, RTA president. “We’re trying to educate the community on the need to support the children in California. It’s a visible sign to the community that something needs to be done….support the (May) ballot measures. The budget is tied to it.”
Braye-Romero gave “Stand Up for Schools” placards to Ramona school board members before their special meeting Monday evening to discuss the preliminary layoff notices that will be given to 20 teachers before the end of the week.
More information about Pink Friday is at www.pinkfriday09.org.
- New board tackles budget crunch
- School district works for balance in budget crisis, official says
- Library director plans Friday, the 13th, visit
- ‘Get Away From It All’ with PONY Baseball; Season starts March 7
- Bulldogs ready for CIF playoff game Friday
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=3397