Search of property remains mystery
Residents of Oak Valley Road off Mussey Grade Road don’t know why sheriff’s homicide detectives were searching the home of a neighbor last week, and the sheriff’s department is not releasing any information.
Aerial footage shot by a television news crew showed deputies searching the property at 15760 Oak Valley Road and equipment picking up a shed or storage building so the area underneath could be searched.
Neighbors said the house was occupied by John Martin “Marty” Smith and his family until a couple weeks ago. According to public record, the property is in foreclosure.
Calls to the sheriff’s Ramona Substation have been referred to Homicide Lt. Dennis Brugos, who could not be contacted. A spokesperson at Brugos’ office said no information is being released at this time.
- Report of explosion prompts ground and air search in Country Estates
- Arson suspected in house explosion
- Property owners have until Dec. 1 to appeal assessment
- Woman found dead at home in suspected suicide; husband hospitalized
- Deputies search for suspect who stabbed high school student on way home
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=4013